Monday, March 20, 2006

Oh, the things you find...

I spent the evening looking for something in the basement, and found something else I had forgotten all about. An old VCR tape. Back in 1985, my folks bought our first VCR. At the time we were the last kids on the block to have such a toy like that. For that matter, I think it was 1992 before the folks broke down and got cable. Anyways, back to 1985. With a new toy like a VCR, what else was a teen-geek without cable, (or a girlfriend...but we worked through that in therapy), to do but record the afternoon video show from Akron's Channel 23. While others in my high school enjoyed all that there was on MTV, I only had my 4:30-5 and the 7-7:30 slot at night to catch videos. Let's not forget about Friday Night Videos on NBC. So, I recorded them for later watching. In time, the video tape got push further back in the pile of stuff that has followed me around over the years. Luckily, I still have a VCR hooked up to the computer for video capture. I just hope my hard drive will hold 6 hours of this stuff. This stuff is classic.
Anyone remember the Miami Vice video?

No comments: