Friday, October 7, 2005

I witnessed something cool tonight!


I have written in the past about my son Alex. He is someone that does not come out of his shell very much. He is also someone that doesn't take many risks, especially with trying something new. Yesterday, he announced that he was going to go to the Halloween Dance at his middle school. We weren't sure if he was going to go through with it or not. But, he did! He was a little nervous before going, but he went in. This was also a big night for his Mom. This is the first time that he has done anything on his own outside of just going to school. She didn't want to leave the parking lot for several minutes after he went it, but I slapped the mini-van in reverse, and we left. Again, this is someone that just doesn't take chances. We went to Pizza Hut, (which sucked) to wait out the time until we went to get him. We went a few minutes early and parked where we could see into the cafeteria where the dance was. And there he was. Dancing with girls! WooHoo! My boy is a "playa"! I have NEVER seen him dance. He was in there having a blast! I walked in while the last slow song was playing to see where he was at. He was sitting in the corner, talking to a teacher. He saw me, and he was getting up to leave. The teacher called me over and said, “He was having a great time, he danced all night!” She was as excited as I was to hear it. On the way out, Alex wanted to go say goodbye to someone else, and another teacher came over and told me the same thing. On the way home, all he did was talk about how much fun he had and how proud we are of him. We really are. I just had to share :)

No comments: