Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's been a while

I haven't been much of a blogger lately, so I figured I would use this lazy Thanksgiving Day weekend Sunday to catch up.  Well, I've been busy.  Both at the office and at home.  
At the office, I'm still working with someone to get Sametime up and running.  But here's a pro-tip, when deleting snapshots of VM, don't revert to a much earlier one accidentally and not have a back up available.  A whole lotta work got deleted and likely this person will pound me in the noodle next time he see's me.  I do deserve it though.  Haven't had a whole lot to blog about tech wise in a while.  I did submit an abstract for the conference formally known as Lotusphere.  It's the same one I did last year so we'll see if it gets accepted.  I see from my sitemeter that a lot of people are still looking for info on it, so maybe it still holds some interest.  Really curious to see if I can apply it to the Social version coming out in public beta next month.  
On the home front, I've been spending my nights still playing with pictures and getting my "new" Mac mini set up.  It's the 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo model from a couple years ago with 8 GB of RAM, so Photoshop Lightroom just screams on it.  I know I don't normally cross post stuff from my photo site, but I was pretty happy with how that's progressing.  If you follow my exploits at all, you know I take a lot of pictures.  A many of them are about a nearby down called Zoar.  Zoar is in trouble.  So much so that a group called the National Trust for Historic Preservation has placed Zoar on their list of 11 most endangered sites in the US.  Back in the summer, one of the people in charge of the campaign found my pictures on Flickr.  They emailed me if they could use them for their ad campaigns and since then there's been a lot of stuff back and forth with them.  Well, about a month ago I was interviewed on why I enjoy taking pictures in the town and the article was published on Thanksgiving Day.  Needless to say I was pretty hyped up that!  And of course that only put a fire under my bum to go and take more pictures down there.  With the holiday season upon us, I don't think that will be too much of a problem.
So that's it for the Tao of me.  Off to finish what's left of my holiday weekend before Christmas a month from now.  Where has this year gone anyway?

No comments: