Thursday, December 30, 2010

My 2010 - Looking Back

I know it's a cliche thing, writing a year in review post, but it's always good to look back before moving forward, right?
2010 seemed like it was a year of change and growth for me and the family.  Was a tough year for the household to get through on a couple of things.  But we made it through together as a family.  And, it made us stronger and more able to discuss things that go on in life and not be afraid to face it.
On the blogging side of things, I felt like I kind of let it go a little bit this year.  I remember someone posing the question before if you blog less due to the Facebook/Twitter phenomenon.  Well, I feel I sure have.  Only 35 posts this year.  But when I did blog, I always tried to make sure it was something worthy of the post and not just something to put up there.  Next year, I want to change that and get back to a more Lotus focus on my blog as I prepare for a roll-out of the client and hopefully a Sametime implementation.  I'm going to use Lotusphere as the launching point for that objective.  But my one big accomplishment I did this year was to present at the 2010 MWLUG conference.  It was basically on what I tried out for Lotusphere Idol a couple of years ago regarding InstallShield Tuner.  One thing I learned about presenting is, I hate it.  That's why I didn't put in a submission for this years Lotusphere.  I feel I'm more effective and comfortable blogging about things rather then getting up in front of a bunch of people.  I'll leave the presenting to the experts ;-)
But believe it or not, I'm not just all about living in a Yellow world.  One thing I really wanted to do this year happened.  Over the past couple of years I've rediscovered how much I love photography.  I wanted to take it to another level and this year I did.
Today I picked up a copy of the 2011 Tuscarawas County Convention and Visitors Bureau's travel guide and I picture I took at Ft. Laurens this past summer is on the cover!  I'm a published photographer!  Ok. There was no pay involved with it. I don't care.  To me, it's just really cool to see something I created be used for something like this. I've even started another website/blog to promote pictures that I've taken around the area, you can view it here. My goal for next year is to look into creating a self published photo book of Zoar.  We'll see if that actually happens, but it's something that I want to do.
Well, that's about all I can think of for the past 365 sunrises.  I hope that the next 365 are good ones for you and your families as I hope they will be for mine.  Onward.

No comments: