Friday, September 25, 2009

SnTT - Where did my refresh/replace design option go!?

Ran across this issue yesterday that had me scratching my head for a while until I found the answer and went, "DUH!"

Our Help Desk re-imaged a desktop for a user and was having problems with the Notes client config. I went over to look at it and during the course of my investigation to get things working again, decided to upgrade the client from 7.0.3 to 8.0.2 Basic. Having upgraded the client, I wanted to replace the design of the local address book with the pernames.ntf for version 8. So with the workspace up, I right clicked on the icon, selected Application and to my surprise, the options for Refresh Design/Replace Design were missing! Having thought I implemented some weird desktop security policy, I started out looking through all of that and could not find anything. But after a few Googles, I found the answer.
If you are missing application options like the replace/refresh design, in the Notes client click on View from the top menu and then click Advanced Menus.

Once that is activated, your replace/refresh design options return for you to use. A quick and easy fix! Refresh away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tip. Thanks.

David Schaffer said...

I had to call support on that one when we first started upgrading users to 8.5 (Advanced Menus are turned on by default if you do the Notes/Admin/Designer install). One of those things that will affect almost every installation but Lotus doesn't seem to have a good way to flag them during the upgrade process.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, hit that one today, must have accidentally turned it off (wasn't part of an upgrade), but couldn't figure out what had happened. Thanks for posting.

Peter said...

Thanks for the tip I had the same problem now fixed thanks to you.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thank you, this worked in Lotus Notes 8.5.