Monday, November 20, 2006

More fun with InstallShieldTuner for Lotus Notes

A while back, I posted a series of blogs about using the InstallShieldTuner for Lotus Notes to create a custom install. Well, since then traffic to my blog has picked up big time, which is pretty cool. One of those visitors has a question that I can't figure out completely.
I got an email from John over the weekend asking the following
Hi.

I was trying to google some information about redirecting notes.ini in a MST
file and trying to get some information about creating a MST with
installshield and I came over you site.

Maybee I'm lucky that you wil anwser and that you know some tricks or a
place to find them. :D

I have created a MST file for local installation but I need to create an MST
file where the Program files is in c:\lotus\notes and the data dir is
h:\lotus\notes\data (where h:\ is a network drive).

I then need to get the notes.ini in the h:\lotus\notes\ directory.

Maybee you can help here ? Maybee you know a guide to create a MST file and
the thing I need to know is listed.

Take care.

John
Now, my first thought would be to use IST and create a response file telling the installation where to put the program and the data folders. No biggie. It's the last part that has got me thinking. Is there a place in all the options to redirect the notes.ini to a separate folder?

Ideas peoples?

2 comments:

Sean Burgess said...

The mst for the Notes Install contains configurations elements that allow you to determine where the program and data files are stored. You shouldn't need to create a response file to handle that.

Sean---

Anonymous said...

did anyone every work this out ? I'm current rolling out 8.02 standard and need the same sort of config.

Program c:\program files\lotus\notes
Data P:\lotus\notes\data
INI P:\Windows\notes.ini

Thoughts?