Friday, August 4, 2006

May we never forget


I think I may have mentioned in an earlier post that Denise and I are taking a vacation without the kids over to Gettysburg, PA. One of our most favorite places on this Earth. This trip started off different then any of the other trips we had. This morning, Denise and I stopped in Shanksville, PA to pay our respects to the 40 brave souls of United flight 93 that stood up to the terror of September 11, 2001 and in the end used their lives to save countless others. I strongly recommend that if you are ever in the area of Somerset, PA, take the 20 minute drive North of town and visit this site. It truly is one of those places that is hard to put into words, yet you know the importance of the location.
Stop, say a prayer and remember their sacrifice and courage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Andy...We've missed you here for Sunday services...when r u comin back...it's only been 8 fricken years now!!!

Andy Donaldson said...

I know. I can't belive it's been that long since we've been there!