Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Have a lot going on right now, so I haven't been blogging too much as of late. Here's the quick rundown:
- As of this weekend, all of my Domino mail server infrastructure is up and running on R7.0.1 FP1. Did the "PcAnywhere North American Tour" on Saturday and knocked them all out. I just love this upgrade. App servers are next, but, I need some more time with testing the LEI upgrade first. Only tip on this upgrade, run updall -R on all mail files first.
- Notes/Domino 7.0.2: I WANT IT! I signed up for the beta a while back, but had never gotten anything. Oh well. I have a 2 GB jump drive on order for when I do get it.
- Still can't wait to see SURUNAS too!- Took my Linux class last week and loved it. I don't think I am going to be ready to move my mail hub/cluster to Linux by December, but, I do see myself at least running some of my smaller servers on Linux to get my feet wet, then going big and doing the major servers.
- I'm trying to start to spread the word about ODF and all its goodness. Want to get people ready for when Hannover hits ;-)
- VACATION!!! First of two actually. Tomorrow, we are off to beautiful Holland, MI to spend some time with our friends. I just love it over there. Then a week and a half after we get back from that, my wife, friends, and I are off to Gettysburg!
- After vacation, I'm thinking about trying a podcast. Hopefully I will have some time to play with that. Don't expect anything as finely tuned as Bruce and Julian's, but it might be worth playing with.

Well, that's it for now. I am sure once I get back from vacation and I start digging into my next projects, I'll have plenty more to talk about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need any help producing the podcast. More Notes and Domino podcasts would be great!

Andy Donaldson said...

I might just take you up on that offer!