Sunday, April 2, 2006

Today's Lesson...

Google first, buy second. Let me explain.
Yesterday, after our grand adventure of going to the museum, we made the "mistake" of stopping by Circuit City to look at digital cameras. Denise has been wanting to spend some of the tax refund on getting a better digital camera, and I was pretty much in agreement with that. So, after going back and forth on which camera to get, (I wanted a digital SLR for $699, she wanted a Kodak Z470 for $299), we agreed on the Z470. The $699 digital SLR didn't have native black & white mode which turned me off immediately because I want to start doing some digital infrared photography. Also, back when I when I was late-teens/early 20's, I wanted to be the next Ansel Adams when I grew up. I have always loved black & white photography, I just don't have the time to play with a darkroom. So happy in our purchase, we returned home and started playing with our new toy.
The Z470 is a fantastic little camera. The best part about it is that there is a screw-in sun shade which allows you to add filters for the camera. Something I didn't know about when purchasing and instantly made me fall in love with it even more! So this morning, I jumped on Google to find what other toys are out there for this camera, and that's when I saw it. Wal-Mart had the camera for less..much less. If it was $10-$15 dollars, I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal, but $40 is. Luckily, Circuit City has price matching up to 30 days of your purchase. So, I printed off the web page from Wal-Mart, took it up there, and they refunded the difference no questions asked! Very cool on their part. So, I took that money, and put it towards a new memory card, and two filters. I love it when things work out right.

No comments: