Sunday, March 26, 2006

The great couch hunt of 2006

Over the past several weeks, we had been looking for a new couch. We thought a couple of weeks ago that one found the perfect sectional to go downstairs into our family room. When the delivery guys got here to drop it off, they couldn't get it into the room. It fit down the stairway okay, but couldn't get through the door. So, it was back to the furniture store, and we found another sectional, more expensive, but the size we thought should work. But after re-measuring things last week, we figured that it probably wouldn't fit. So, I took it to the next level.

We found out that the doorway actually had a regular door jam in it, so there was a few more inches, and that wouldn't couldn't extend the opening to the right of the picture because of there being a support pole drilled into the floor two inches in, so, we had to go left. I didn't like the idea at first, but when the guy was done, I love it. I still have do put on another layer of mud, sand it down, and paint it. But I figure that can wait a couple of weeks. After the couch gets here on Tuesday, I plan on watching movies down there, and being very comfortable ;)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Woohoo! Way to go Annnnnday!!!! ;)

Looks really good - So when is movie night?

Andy Donaldson said...

Soon. I can't wait for the couch!

Anonymous said...

It looks like both you and I work very hard at the art of relaxation.

Oh the irony (which isn't what you do to wrinkled shirts...).