Thursday, February 2, 2006

Something interesting on my BlackBerry

I know that there is a lot of talk going on right now about BlackBerry service in the US being turned off. Well last night, I noticed that I wasn't getting anything on my BlackBerry. My Treo was syncing up okay, but not the BlackBerry. This morning, all was well. So, I opened my Notes client, and noticed that I received 14,000 messages in my mail file. The plot thickens. They were system generated messages from our spam server, and all were in the folder that I had a mail rule set for those. I then dug a little deeper and saw in the Domino log of the BlackBerry server, a TON of entries of mail being converted by the server. It seems that the BlackBerry server will monitor your entire mail database, not just the Inbox. So if mail stops flowing to someones handheld, check to see if they are getting slammed with messages. Not only that, if those messages are being put somewhere else, like a mail rule. The BES just needed time to catch up I guess. Needless to say, I set the rule to delete those messages rather then file them off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 14,000 messages? And you didn't want them on the Blackberry? I am surprised! LOL!

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, here's an interesting FAQ on the Blackberry legal situation:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6034148.html?tag=nl.e540