Tuesday, February 14, 2006

For Valentines Day

On Valentines day, I want to introduce you to someone very dear to me. Her name is Denise. About 9 years ago, I met this wonderful person. The funny thing is, when we met, it was the one time in my life that I wasn't looking for a long-term relationship. I had wanted that in the past, and it had always never worked out. So, when I decided I was going to give romance another try, there she was. We met on Yahoo personals. We started emailing back and forth, and then exchanged phone numbers. We talked for a couple of weeks before we met. In that time, we got to know each other. I told her everything, I didn't hold back. She knew everything about me, and I about her. I know that people use the cliche' all the time, but, when we looked into each others eyes on our first date, it's like we both knew that we were looking into each others soul-mate. It wasn't much longer until we couldn't stand being away from each other, and for a time, I got stupid and tried to call the thing off. Well, more scared then anything else because I knew that this was the right person for me. I wasn't use to a "normal" relationship. Hell, I wasn't use to actually being in love with someone and them in love with me. But, that didn't stop us. A year after our first date, we were married. She has given me two wonderful kids, and has made my life complete in every way. Another overly used but true cliche' describes it best. Without her, I would be lost.

Happy Valentines Day, babe. I wish I could afford to give you anything in the world you want. But since you do the bills, you know that I can't. You're always there for me when I need you.

I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you can go out with the guys this weekend. No need to butter me up.
Love you. ;)