Sunday, February 12, 2006

A cool day


Today is important for two things. First, today was Molly's "Cinerella Ball" for Girl Scouts. Basically, a Father and Daughter dance. This is something that we both have been looking forward to for some time now. Denise went to the store and got her a pretty dress and new shoes. They spent the morning getting ready for it, and when I saw her, I no longer saw my little baby girl. I know, she's only 6 and I don't need to start getting all sappy like that. She looked beautiful. It's also an important day for another reason. At 2:32 AM this morning, I destroyed what was left in the pack of cigs I had, and I am on the road to quitting smoking again. I figured today of all days would be the best day to make a run at it again. I have tried in the past and failed, but, I have my mind in a better place to do this. So at Target last night, we bought some patches, and we are going to give it a go. It's 5:15, and I have only had one really bad craving for a smoke. Only time will tell. But I want to do it this time. Not just for me, but for my kids and wife as well.
Well, that's it for now. Back to the office tomorrow to start planning the Domino 7 upgrade. Okay, maybe this wasn't the best time to quit ;) Just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go You!!!

Molly looks adorable in those photos - You and Denise have so much to be proud of. :)

Shan