Monday, December 5, 2005

Wolverines!

What a much needed and relaxing weekend this was. Saturday started with me connected into work for a couple of hours to upgrade one of my servers. The mobile solution that we was has been a royal pain in the buttocks lately, so I finally for a chance to upgrade the software. Hopefully, this upgrade will work correctly and I can get people off my back for a while. Then, I got to watch a movie that I had not watched in some time, “Red Dawn”. The 1984 classic film staring Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen. It’s almost nostalgic watching that movie now. When it came out, I was 15 and it was the time that later turned out to be the beginning of the end of the Cold War. At the time, we lived with the thought that at any moment, missiles from the Soviet Union would start flying at us, and we would be vaporized. I almost miss that some times. Now, you don’t know where it’s coming from. (Side-note: Ask an intern what the cold war was, and unless they remember it from history class, you will likely get a blank stare back.) Now, I have to find the other Cold War classic, “Gotcha”. A college kid from UCLA gets stuck in East Germany. Sounds like good viewing on a cold winter day. The rest of Saturday was spent running around trying to find obnoxious and loud ornaments for my cube at work. We are having a contest to see how much we can get away with before HR starts giving us grief. As soon as I find a spotlight, the disco ball is going to work with me. Sunday was spent watching more movies. Nothing but movies. Okay, had to shovel the driveway first, but then it was movies. So all in all, I sat on my butt this weekend. But after the last couple of months, it felt pretty damn good! According to Turtle’s site, we have 47 days left until fun and sun in Florida. Rumor mill is already starting on where the Wednesday night party will be held out. I hope it’s one of the Disney parks. I need a new picture of me and Mickey. The week ahead looks pretty busy. I am migrating my 2.2 BlackBerry server to new hardware Saturday morning, and then I am going to upgrade it to 4.0.3. Hopefully that will go smoothly. Oh, if you haven’t had a chance to use VM ware, use it! I was able to copy my production environment into it, and do the migration and upgrade ahead of time. It’s awesome! That’s it for now. Off to surf and then prepare for another day of fun and happiness in the life of a slightly abused Domino Administrator. “Wolverines!”

No comments: