Friday, November 18, 2005

Fun with upgrades

I may be out of the woods with my “message queue pool errors”. I threw three extra gig of RAM in one of the servers, and installed 6.5.4 FP2 on both servers having the problem. Since then, I haven't seen the error return. I have had something weird happen this morning. As I sat down at my desk and started my laptop, I looked over at my "admin" workstation that I leave running and noticed that I had 65,000 connections on my hub server. Well, that's what the server monitoring was reporting. Thinking that was a little odd, I looked at the status tab of the server, and it should 56 or so connections. I restarted the server, and things went back to normal. I think I need to keep an eye on that. Hopefully it will behave because this weekend we are celebrating my wife’s birthday. We are going with friends to the “Melting Pot”, a fondue restaurant, and then off to see Harry Potter. We are VERY looking forward to that!

No comments: