Sunday, May 1, 2005

The blur that was my weekend.

I woke up Saturday morning hating the world. The week that had just passed had been a real long one at work. All I wanted from my Saturday was to sleep until about noon. But, that was not meant to be.
I rolled out of bed around 8 o'clock and didn't do much besides play couch commando. When 9 o'clock rolled around, I knew I had to get moving to my father in laws car lot to borrow a truck and get back to the house to meet up with my buddy Scott. He was coming down to help me take some stuff out to the landfill, and get all his paintball stuff. After getting the truck, and running through McDonalds, (the sausage McGriddle is the perfect food), I made it back to the house with 5 minutes to spare before Scott came down the driveway.
After loading up his car, we got the truck loaded up, and made it out to the landfill in no time. We swung back to the car lot to pick up my car, and I had a flat. Okay, no big deal. Got the big jack out of the garage, jacked up the car, put the donut on, and it was back to my house to drop Scott off so he could get back home. That took about an hour. Called around to find out who could patch a tire for me on a Saturday, and the only ones who could was Wal-Mart. I called Denise, who had taken Molly to her baseball team picture shoot, and she met me down there. While my tire was getting fixed, we did the grocery shopping. Wal-Mart on a Saturday. There is a fun time. Not.
So, back home we went. Me, with my fixed tire, and Denise, with a van full of Wal-Mart. This was about 2:30 in the afternoon. Called our realtor and told him we were ready for him to come out and take pics of the house, and put the sign up.

As we sitting talking to him, someone came down the driveway to look at the house. That was one. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, and driving by houses looking at them.
My daughter decided that 7:30 was a good time to get all of us up today. Luckily, she went and played video games, so we slept until about 10:30. After a quick shower, we went to an open house. I think we found a new house. Hopefully, the owners will take our offer with the agreement that we can sell our house. We left the open house, and called our realtor. He's going to call us back tomorrow.
The rest of the day was finally cutting the lawn. It really needed it. Denise got a lot of the shrubs cleaned up around the house, and I rode around on the tractor for an hour or two.
Now, it's about 8:30, and I am awaiting the new season of The Family Guy to start. This week is no better. I have to go out of town Thursday and Friday, so there's no time to do anything. Hopefully, we can get this place sold. Right now, for some reason, a Chipotle burrito sounds really good.

No comments: