Saturday, June 16, 2012

Time sure does fly

13 years ago this morning, Denise and I were in the mini-van and heading down to the hospital.  It was a beautiful, chilly, clear sunny summer morning.   Almost downright cold, actually.  And at 10:26 AM the doctor said, "You better take a look now, Dad".  I did. And I saw the most beautiful little girl emerge into this world.  As she was lying under the "french fry light" as I called it, I promised her that I was going to love her forever and always protect her.  Minutes later, she met her grandparents.
Now fast forward 13 years.  We have a little women on our hands.  She's growing up too fast.  But most kids these days are I guess.  She's got a wonderful heart and is truly good towards others.  She's always the one to make sure everyone is ok.  Her sense of humor is too much like mine, which is scary.  But I know if she keeps on this path, (I know she will), she is going to take the world by storm.
Happy Birthday, Molly.  Your Mom, brother and I love you.  Don't ever forget that.  

No comments: