Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today, I am thankful

Here in the states today we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. So I want to take a few minutes and post my thoughts about what I'm thankful for.
- I am thankful that I have the love and support of my best friend and partner, Denise. I can never fully put into words the amount of love I have for her.
- I am thankful for my son Alex. For being a part of his journey through his life.
- I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, Mary Elizabeth, aka Molly aka peanut. Seeing her mothers beauty and my sense of humor grow as she gets older both scares and inspires me.
- I am thankful for my parents for being my safe harbor to go to when I just need to talk.
- I am thankful for my brothers and sisters and their families.
- I am thankful for the mentoring over the years, asked for or not, from my oldest brother.
- I am thankful for my friends. To me, they are like extensions of my family. Blood isn't always needed to consider them that way.
- I am thankful for my job. Somedays, I take it for granted. But I am blessed to work for such a great company.
- I am thankful that I took a couple steps toward expressing myself more with photography this past year.
- I am thankful for my friends whom I only see about once a year in person, but speak with daily on the interwebs. You know who you are.
And finally, I am thankful got you, dear reader, that stops by my blog and reads my ramblings.
So as we dive into this holiday season, don't forget all those things that you are thankful for. We are only here for a short period of time. Make it count. Laugh often and love much. Life is too short to hate.
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving.

(PS - I am also thankful that after staying up all night I was able to score my tablet!)

No comments: