Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So long, '08

I honestly can't think of a year that I'm actually happy to see go. 2008 was a tough year for almost every person that I know. Lots of bad mojo. Be it illness, injury, financial, personal, job, everyone has had a roller coaster ride. So my hope for 2009 is peace. Peace in the world. Peace in your life. Most importantly, peace in your heart.
There's a billboard on the freeway we take to go up to the big city of Canton, OH and it has a simple message. Imagine Peace. That billboard always makes me pause and think for a moment. What would this planet be like if there was peace? Not just an end to all war, but for the kind that I mentioned above.
So my wish on this New Years Eve is that I hope not only for you, but for myself as well, that we all do something in this coming year to find that peace and hopefully share it with others. If we all take a few minutes each day, or even a couple of times a week, I don't think that the goal would be that hard to imagine.
A happy and blessed new year to all of you.

No comments: