Friday, August 29, 2008

Sametime Entry 8.0.1 Upgrade Error (Funny)

Like the good little Domino Administrator that I am, I wanted to make sure that the upgrade for my Sametime 7.0 Limited to Sametime 8.0.1 Entry would work fine on my test server before I roll it out in production with my 8.0.2 server upgrade. Sounds like a no brain-er, right? Wrong.
During the installation process, I kept getting the following error popup:

Domino has not been configured. Configure Domino before installing the Sametime server

So it was off to the usual search locations to see if anyone else has had this problem in the past. Google, Notes.net, support site had nothing similar to this. Then the thought occurred to me to make sure that I had put the Domino server installation location in the PATH statement on the Windows server. Well, that was there too. Not wanting to think much more about it, (it is Friday after all), I called and opened up a PMR with support.

Once the technician was on the line, I explained the problem to him. After a short pause he said that he had heard of it before. He then asked me to open my notes.ini file on the server. I complied. He then asked me to look at the first line in the file, [NOTES.INI]. Okay, it's there. He then asked me if all of the letters were upper case. They are. He then asked me to leave the first letter uppercase, but make all of the other letters lowercase so it looks like this [Notes.ini]. I saved and closed the file and started the server installation back up. It ran right through with no errors. We both had a good laugh over that one.

No comments: