Monday, November 12, 2007

More Domino 7.0.3 upgrade fun

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not but I had another issue pop up today. This time, I had a user that was not able to get any messages delivered to their inbox. The error message that kept appearing on the server console was:
11/12/2007 05:27:27 PM Invalid Time or Date Encountered
and then the next line had the information for the user that the mail message was going to. So, it was off to search support for an answer and I found one, but it was missing the one step that really got it working. The tech note suggests that on top of doing a fixup, to also replicate the mail database. Since the mail file is in a cluster, the replication didn't fix it right off the bat. I cleared the replication history on both cluster copies, replicated the database doing a push/pull, then ran the fixup and the mail started flowing.
Could have just been a corrupt database to begin with, but I thought it was worth noting.

(Finally, back to some serious Domino blogging around here ;-) )

1 comment:

Bjørnen said...

Compliments from Norway!
Your blog posting helped me out on this problem today. I upgraded to 7.0.3 and ran into similar problems. Had no clue that this wa s caused by a bug/feature, but you put me on the right track :) Thanks !

/BJORN