Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've started on it

**For the most up to date documents, click here**
The information below is older data and was a little buggy. The above link contains the most up to date information. I'm keeping the below information alive for historical reasons for me :-)




In my opinion, one of the cool things about having a blog like this is having one of those Mapstat apps running within the page. They let you see where people are hitting your site are from and what they are looking for. Without a doubt, the biggest thing that brings people to my blog, aside from my witty commentary and dashing good looks (see profile pic), is the document I created on using InstallShield Tuner for Lotus Notes to create a custom setup for use with SURunas.exe or just plain installation. Well, I'm now starting to see several hits as of late from people looking for an updated version of the steps for use with Notes 8. I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend on it, but I did take a first stab at it today. Looks like it's going to be a whole lot different then the version 7 steps. For example, version 2 of ISTfLN will not work with Notes 8. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll have a chance to try and put together a document on how to do it. I have learned through trying it, that version 2 of ISTfLN, (the one that I used for the R7 documentation), does not like the R8 install, so I wasn't able to create a response file out of the chute.
Hopefully after a get a few things done over the next two weeks I will be able to spend some time working on it. Stay tuned true believers! (Yes, I stole that from Stan Lee. But, he is the man!)

Update 11/30/2007
After doing a lot of looking into it, I still cannot find anything new on how to create a response file for ISTfLN version 6 with Lotus Notes 8. But, I know I'm not the only one having this problem. I did a search in the Notes 8 forum on Notes.Net and found this. I'm going to try and call Lotus next week to see if there is a fix for this. Stay tuned!

No comments: