Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes....

There may be a few bumps along the way here at the old House O' Blog over the next couple of weeks. I'm in the process of moving my Blogspot blog to a domain name. That's right, I'm "branding" the blog! Well, not really branding, but making it an address I wanted it to be for a while. In time, I'm hoping to have www.macian.net be the one and only address you'll need to know to get here. Right now, the old blogspot address redirects to blog.macian.net and your feedreaders should still work. But it for some reason you loose track of me after a while you may need to redo your feeds. More info to come! Stay tuned.....please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you also buy macian.com? I saw it was taken. I'm sure other disagree but when I see macian.net I think ISP. But, if you didn't buy macian.com i understand. Everything is taken... http://www.jibjab.com/view/132078 :) (It's an SNL skit on the topic.)

Good luck with the transition.

Andy Donaldson said...

Back in the good ole days of the internet, (1997), I owned Macian.com. I had this master plan to start an ISP and hosting service. The problem was, I was trying to start the business in a "Mayberry" like area and was an outsider. Didn't exactly take off as I expected. You know, the 100k just to get the ISP part off the ground. So, I held on to the domain for several years, gave it to my nephew and between us, we lost it when it expired. Now, someone in China owns it and won't respond to emails to get it back. Oh well. Buggers. So, the nephew got the .net address and let me have it a couple of weeks ago. This time, we are holding on to it with everything we got! And since we're using Google tools to host the domain, and since Blogger is also owned by Google, it's not real easy getting the domain to point to the blogger address. But we're working on it.