Thursday, September 8, 2005

Attack Of The Message Queue Pool!

I've been banging my head up against a wall about this one for a while now. I'm running Domino 6.5.4 across my enterprise. For some time, I have been noticing, (and so have the users), that there is an "issue" with routing and calendaring and scheduling. If someone tries to book a room using their calendar in the client, it works great. Well, 9 out of 10 times. If someone goes into resource.nsf and tries to book a room the error "Insufficient memory, message queue pool is full!" appears. Okay, after a reboot, that message goes away for a while, but then returns. Then, if someone tries to schedule a meeting with their Notes client, and invite someone that lives on a different server, busytime information from that server can't be seen. Why? Message Queue Pool Is Full. I have also seen that on one of my servers that routing just stops. When I try to restart the router task, guess what? That's right, Message Queue Pool Is Full! Insert foul language here. Over the weekend, I am going to install FP1 for 6.5.4. Hopefully, something in there will shake the problem loose.
Now, the next big question is should I start looking at R7, or hold out until 7.5? I know that between R6 and R6.5, there were many improvements. I just can't seem to find anything on R7.5 yet to give me enough information to make up my mind. If anybody knows anything, drop me a line.
My mobile solution is still not doing that great. The good news is, the vendor sent someone to our office last week on their dime. They are committed to fixing the issues with the program. It appears that I am not the only one having issues. Since last week, two more of their clients, both Domino shops, have come down with the same issues.
On the personal side of things, the house sale is done. We signed all the paperwork for the sale of our house last Wednesday, and then signed the papers for our new house on Friday. We move in two weeks. So if I’m not blogging too much between now and then, you’ll understand why. I will post the outcome of FP1. Should see if it did anything early next week.

No comments: